Thursday, October 14, 2010

What was that about pain and gain?

I hate running.  I hate running.  I freaking hate running.  Running is awful.  I hate it.  I hate it.  I hate it.


Ahem.


Okay, it's safe now.  The me from about thirty minutes ago was threatening my life if I didn't voice her pain. But she's gone now.  Crazy woman.  Granted, I'm now lounging in my super comfy bed in pjs with a stomach full of frosted mini wheats and bopping along to Bad Romance (don't judge me)...


I'm in the third week now of my running program.  It feels like it has been longer than that, but I have documented proof; I highlight each day as I get done.  I miss a day or two here and there, so that might account for some of the time confusion...  Oh well, I'm working on it.  That obnoxious running hating woman has slowly quieted down as the program as progressed, little by little.  Tonight was one of the more difficult days however and she made herself known.  I told her to shut up.  I can do this.


What I've noticed from the start is no matter how bad I feel while I'm running, give me a couple minutes to catch my breath and I love the way I feel.  It's the same way I feel after a rigorous karate class.  I love it.  I love it more than that other me hates running.  I love how I'm finally doing something that I always thought I couldn't.  Someday, I'm going to go back to my old middle school where I have (not so) fond memories of literally wheezing after running a half of one of the straight sides of the track.  I'm going to run a couple miles on that track just to tell that girl that she wasn't a loser.


I'm really excited to see where this whole reinvention process I've undergone is going to lead me.  I'm the kind of person who really loathes personal attention, I don't even like getting singled out at birthday parties.  I'm a no spotlight kind of gal but I must say, in my own way, I'm rather proud of myself for finally doing something about all the things about myself I didn't like.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  For a fun way to wrap things up for tonight, here's my current top 5 favorite running songs:


1.  Rawkfist by Thousand Foot Krutch


2.  Rebellion by Van Canto


3.  Watch Me Shine by Vanessa Carlton (cover)


4.  Headstrong by Trapt


5.  (most recently) Bad Romance by Lady GaGa


I still kind of loathe myself for liking that last song...but it's really catchy...and the music video I recently discovered (thank you Lakota!) is inspired by GaGa's views on Human Trafficking (hm, what's that? I've never read a single book or article or journal about that in my life... -_- ... do you get my joke? Because I've been buried in research... ahem... Not funny when you have to explain it... I digress).  In short, an unexpected turn of events leads me to accept my love for this song.  Hence the video.  Roll that beautiful bean footage!





RF

No comments:

Post a Comment