Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Break Progress

I can't believe I'm already halfway through my spring break.  The time you want to go by quickly never does, yet the time you want to slow down winds up zipping by like a mayfly's life cycle.  Stupid bugs.

I kicked my week off with a fancy schmancy dinner for my family Sunday evening.  The menu consisted of "Perfect Pot Roast" from The Pioneer Woman, and a few selections from the Irish Pub Cooking book I scored from B&N recently, potato cakes and a chocolate cream cheesecake!  Yum.

I was fully prepared to chronicle my cooking extravaganza, but thought a few snapshots would suffice instead.  Cue snapshots!

Despite its commercial appeal, the recipes looked fabulous.  And so far have proven to be just as tasty.  

P-dubs' Pot Roast- thyme, rosemary, carrots, onion, and a chuck roast was involved.  Oh and love.  Sheer love.  My house has never smelled so amazing.   
I count this a major success in my book- it's the first roast I've made el solo, and I didn't burn the house or the meat to cinders.  Win.

Perhaps the source of my feeling like it was me who immigrated from Ireland rather than my great grandfather- potato cakes.  Curiously delicious.  
The dinner ensemble

... Never forget dessert... 

It might not look like much but it tasted... well... how to describe?  
Close enough.  

I'm still recovering from the sheer deliciousness of it all.  Unfortunately, due to a series of poorly timed events, I haven't been to karate yet this week which isn't helping me feel any less sluggish after such a rich evening.  But I digress.  


With this beauty from California Pizza Kitchen, Hawaiian BBQ!
Monday proved just as fabulous when Lakota and I indulged in some of that amiga time I spoke of, and what better place to do that than CPK?  

Status quo?  I've eaten some fabulous food and spent time with even more fab friends so far.  More amiga time tomorrow with my girl Amanda!  Not too shabby!  

I really have been filling in the holes with productive activities, I promise.  I'm just highlighting, well, the highlights.  Spackling isn't exactly a highlight.  Nor is a puppy watching.  

Due to the copious amounts of wet weather I've experienced lately, my outdoor plans will unfortunately have to be put on hold this week.  Le sigh.  

Happy midweek to one and all,

RF

No comments:

Post a Comment