Monday, November 15, 2010

Give Thanks Day 12: Family

I've spent a few of these days with this blog series expressing how thankful I am for various family members and friends.  Today I am thankful for my entire family.  I believe that blood relation isn't the only kind of family.  I have seen the love between adoptive parents and their children.  I have seen and known love between friends that is as strong as that of siblings.  My family means the world to me.

Family is something, I feel, that people so often seem to take for granted.  We can lose sight of what is really important in life as we're engrossed in the day to day craziness that seems to never stop.  People wish upon stars perhaps because of the magic that seems to surround the idea that a star can make a wish come true.  I find the holiday season to be just as magical.  My wish on this holiday season is that people in general would come to really appreciate the love in their lives.  There was no greater thing that God gave His children than to love Him and to love one another.

Today I am thankful for the love of family.  It's more important than having a flashy car or a big house or the latest clothes or a high paying job or any material asset; these things are impermanent, they can come and go as unexpectedly as a thunderstorm.  Love is something that lasts, however.  It is a fundamental part of life.  So go hug a family member or friend!

10 Days to Thanksgiving!

Signed,
RF

No comments:

Post a Comment