Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Give Thanks Day 7: My Uncle

Today I'm thankful for my Uncle T.

We don't get to see him very often (as he lives in New York), but the times we get to visit I wouldn't trade for the world.  In short, he's a total goofball.  Which is probably why Tapeworm and I get along with him so well!

Recently, he flew Tapeworm and I up to NY for a visit.  We went to festivals and a hayride.  We even saw a historic haunted house.  It was a blast.  The leaves this time of year in upstate New York are gorgeous.  They're especially enjoyable when driving around town in a Dodge Challenger!  I might add that when I was out over the summer, he lent me the Challenger to drive the three hours or so out to visit my Mom's parents.  That's right, I got the Challenger for the day.  My life is complete.


Isn't it beautiful?  Ahem.  

Uncle T has worked hard to keep my Grandpa E's house that he inherited.  I'm so grateful for the commitment he has for the family fort, the old blue house.  

My Uncle is someone who truly cares about his family.  He knows what's important in life.  We don't have a huge family, but each member is so special in their own way; my Uncle is no exception to this.  I'm so thankful for having him in my life.

The week of this Thanksgiving also coincides with Tapeworm's Eagle Court of Honor ceremony.  Uncle T plans on visiting for the week to celebrate both occasions.  Like I said, we don't see one another very often, but the times we do we cherish.  Let the festivities begin!

15 Days to Thanksgiving!

Signed,

RF





No comments:

Post a Comment